- This event has passed.
In House Non-CPCS Slinger Signaller Training
IN HOUSE SLINGER SIGNALLER
Two days for novices – one day theory in the classroom and one day practical training with a mobile crane.
In house photo training cards and certificates with 3 years expiry are issued upon successful completion of the training course.
Topics covered during this course include:
- Legislation – LOLER, PUWER, HASAWA
- Codes of practice – BS7121
- Roles and responsibilities of personnel involved with lifting operations including selection and competencies
- Documentation and certification for lifting equipment and lifting accessories
- Types of accessories and safe use
- Slinging techniques
- Down rating of accessories
- Sling angles and the affect on SWL
- Methods of communication
- Establishing load weight and centre of gravity
- Proximity hazards
- Selecting and pre use inspection of lifting accessories
- Verifying documentation and certification
- Attaching accessories to different loads using various slinging techniques
- Signalling for the lifting, transferring and positioning of loads