- This event has passed.
CPCS A40A Slinger Signaller Course
CPCS A40A Slinger Signaller
Venue: Sparrow Crane Training Centre, Ashmead Road, Bristol, BS31 1SX
Contact us for more information
Topics covered during this course include:
- Legislation – LOLER, PUWER, HASAWA
- Codes of practice – BS7121
- Roles and responsibilities of personnel involved with lifting operations including selection and competencies
- Documentation and certification for lifting equipment and lifting accessories
- Types of accessories and safe use
- Slinging techniques
- Down rating of accessories
- Sling angles and the effect on SWL
- Methods of communication
- Establishing load weight and centre of gravity
- Proximity hazards
- Selecting and pre use inspection of lifting accessories
- Verifying documentation and certification
- Attaching accessories to different loads using various slinging techniques
- Signalling for the lifting, transferring and positioning of loads
Three days inclusive of two technical tests covering both the theory and practical test elements. These tests are taken individually – a one hour verbal theory test and a one hour and twenty minute practical test with a mobile crane. Due to individual testing the test day may be non-consecutive.
Successful candidates will be issued with a two year red CPCS Trained Operator card endorsed with the Slinger/Signaller category.
To obtain a 5 year blue Competent Operator card in this category, candidates must register for and complete the relevant Level 2 NVQ. They may also choose to extend their knowledge further by taking the CPCS Crane Lift Supervisor or Appointed Person courses