- This event has passed.
CPCS A40A Slinger Signaller
CPCS A40A All Duties Slinger Signaller course
Two day course with one days testing following.
WHO IS IT FOR?
This course is aimed at individuals working on sites which require workers to be a part of the CPCS scheme. Upon successful completion of the course, candidates will be able to plan safe systems of work using lifting equipment such as mobile cranes.
Candidates must have an Operatives level health & safety touch screen test in place (taken within the last 2 years) to be eligible for this course. Please see the CITB website for more details: http://www.citb.co.uk/cards-testing/health-safety-environment-test/
It is recommended that prior to attending this course individuals should have some basic experience of working with lifting equipment, especially mobile cranes.
You must have a good understanding of written and spoken English
Topics covered during this course include:
- Legislation – LOLER, PUWER, HASAWA
- Codes of practice – BS7121
- Roles and responsibilities of personnel involved with lifting operations including selection and competencies
- Documentation and certification for lifting equipment and lifting accessories
- Types of accessories and safe use
- Slinging techniques
- Down rating of accessories
- Sling angles and the effect on SWL
- Methods of communication
- Establishing load weight and centre of gravity
- Proximity hazards
- Selecting and pre use inspection of lifting accessories
- Verifying documentation and certification
- Attaching accessories to different loads using various slinging techniques
- Signalling for the lifting, transferring and positioning of loads
Three days inclusive of two technical tests covering both the theory and practical test elements. These tests are taken individually – a one hour verbal theory test and a one hour and twenty minute practical test with a mobile crane. Due to individual testing the test day may be non-consecutive.
Successful candidates will be issued with a two year red CPCS Trained Operator card endorsed with the Slinger/Signaller category.
To obtain a 5 year blue Competent Operator card in this category, candidates must register for and complete the relevant Level 2 NVQ. They may also choose to extend their knowledge further by taking the CPCS Crane Lift Supervisor or Appointed Person courses.