Upon completion of this course, candidates will be able to work non customer-governed (non-CPCS) sites to plan safe systems of work using lifting equipment such as mobile cranes.
Who is it for?
-The course is for anyone who is required to sling loads and use correct signalling when working on Non-CPCS governed sites.
–-You must have a good understanding of written and spoken English (link to example text)
Topics covered during this course include:
- Legislation – LOLER, PUWER, HASAWA
- Codes of practice – BS7121
- Roles and responsibilities of personnel involved with lifting operations including selection and competencies
- Documentation and certification for lifting equipment and lifting accessories
- Types of accessories and safe use
- Slinging techniques
- Down rating of accessories
- Sling angles and the effect on SWL
- Methods of communication
- Establishing load weight and centre of gravity
- Proximity hazards
- Selecting and pre use inspection of lifting accessories
- Verifying documentation and certification
- Attaching accessories to different loads using various slinging techniques
- Signalling for the lifting, transferring and positioning of loads
Two days including theory and practical training and testing.
Candidates will be issued with a Slinger Signaller certificate and photo card with a three year expiry date.
When the card reaches expiry, candidates can return to attend the Slinger Signaller Refresher course. They may also choose to extend their knowledge and skills by taking a Lift Supervisor or Appointed Person course.