This course provides an opportunity to look back over the theory of Slinger Signaller training and ensure that knowledge is current and in-date.
Who is it for?
-This course is aimed at individuals who have undertaken previous Slinger Signaller training and are already familiar with how to plan safe systems of work using lifting equipment such as mobile cranes.
-You must have a good understanding of written and spoken English (link to example text).
Topics covered during this course include:
- Legislation – LOLER, PUWER, HASAWA
- Codes of practice – BS7121
- Roles and responsibilities of personnel involved with lifting operations including selection and competencies
- Documentation and certification for lifting equipment and lifting accessories
- Types of accessories and safe use
- Slinging techniques
- Down rating of accessories
- Sling angles and the effect on SWL
- Methods of communication
- Establishing load weight and centre of gravity
- Proximity hazards
- Selecting and pre use inspection of lifting accessories
- Verifying documentation and certification
- Attaching accessories to different loads using various slinging techniques
- Signalling for the lifting, transferring and positioning of loads
One day covering theory training. Course is suitable for experienced workers only.
Candidates will be issued with a Slinger Signaller certificate and photo card with a three year expiry date.
Upon expiry of the certification, candidates may return to complete another refresher. They may also decide to further their knowledge and skills with a Lift Supervisor or Appointed Person course.