This course provides an opportunity to look back over the theory of the Lift Supervisor course and ensure that knowledge is current and in-date.
Who is it for?
-This course is aimed at individuals who have undertaken previous Lift Supervisor training.
-You must have a good understanding of written and spoken English (link to example text).
Topics covered during this course include:
- Legislation – LOLER, PUWER, HASAWA
- Codes of practice – BS7121
- Roles and responsibilities of personnel involved with lifting operations
- Crane appreciation – crane types, capabilities and limitations
- Duties charts
- Crane terminology
- Documentation and certification for lifting equipment and lifting accessories
- Safe Load Indicators (SLI) and Safe Working Loads (SWL)
- Types of lifting accessories and safe use
- Slinging techniques
- Down rating of accessories
- Sling angles and the affect on SWL
- Methods of communication
- Proximity hazards
- Preparing a lift site in accordance with the AP’s safe system of work
1 day theory training.
Candidates will be issued with an Lift Supervisor certificate and photo card with a three year expiry date.
Upon expiry of the certification, candidates may return to complete another refresher.